Monday, July 7, 2008

Michelle Blade at Jack Hanley

I went to Michelle Blade's opening at Jack Hanley the other night with some friends.

I really enjoyed her work. A lot of the pieces seemed to reference large scale events and had a strange mob/group mentality, but without ever really revealing what the events were (although, I never read the titles, so maybe the titles gave it away, but I kinda hope they didn't.) I of course didn't remember to take photos of most of the more figurative ones that I'm talking about... duh.... But I loved the way they would reference a narrative, but still leave you up in arms as to what that narrative was.

Anyways, in all the craziness I never ended up taking very many photos of the artwork, but here's a couple. The floor piece was awesome.

The show is up at Jack Hanley until August 8th.


This one was a painting of a rug, with a sort of portal looking abstraction on it, that went on the floor. Unfortunately, a lot of people accidentally walked on it.




No comments: